Sunday, May 4, 2008

Recent Happenings

This past week was pretty hectic. Casey got a new calling as the Scoutmaster of our ward and I have been busy either taking finals or writing papers. I know Casey will be an awesome Scoutmaster. I'm really excited for him. He is amazing with knowing how to communicate with kids and teenagers. It will be sad having him gone one weekend out of every month on campouts though! I don't know if I feel worse for him or myself though.

I found out last week that one of my best friends is getting married on July 31st! I am so excited for her! I've only been to one of Casey's friend's weddings so it will be awesome to be able to go to one of my own friend's weddings. I am planning to go home to Provo for three weeks for her wedding and my graduation. Now I just have to wait until the end of July!


Another recent happening was a weird Hello Kitty experience. Last weekend I went to a Relief Society conference and I was looking at a Hello Kitty quilt with another girl. I told her that I love Hello Kitty, and she replied, "That's because you are so young, Hello Kitty became popular when I was in college, so you were probably in elementary." First of all I'm 21.92 not 13, and second of all when did I become juvenile for liking Hello Kitty? I doubt this girl is 10 years older than I am if not even 5 years older than I am so why the dissing? I love being my age! And I'm pretty sure there are older people out there that like Hello Kitty too.

1 comment:

Stewart Family said...

Enjoy going home. That is awesome, home is the best!! Congratulations on the Graduation :o)