Thursday, May 8, 2008

Summer excitement

A couple days ago I got tickets to go home for my friend's wedding and my graduation! Casey and I have a lot of frequent flier miles saved up but of course any of the days we want to go we can't use our miles. I was feeling a little bummed spending money to fly home when I knew I had frequent flier miles until I found a sweet deal with Northwest! I heard through the grapevine that Delta and Northwest merged so now flights are way cheaper from MKE to SLC. I am so excited! I'll be in P-Town for almost three weeks hanging out with my family. Casey will only come for the last five days because of work/scout camp but I decided to stay longer. Last year I was unable to go to Provo all summer and I missed so many things about Provo summers including:

-Sunday picnics in the canyon
-Swimming at Seven Peaks (I'll pass on getting in a swimming suit this summer)
-Frequent trips to Cafe Rio, Jamba Juice, and the Snowie at Days
-Shopping with my mom and sisters
-Biweekly trips to Costco
-Homemade root beer, ice cream and jam compliments of my mom
-My dad's fun "projects" around my parents house/yard. He's always making something cool!
-Seeing my friends, and lil' Buff Quincy

To top things off my sister Brooke who has usually lived away from Provo in Pennsylvania or Colorado for graduate school and post doc is moving to Provo this June! My brother-in-law Brad got a job as a professor at BYU! He gets to teach and research in the microbiology department. It will be fun to be able to see them and their cute kids whenever Casey and I go back to visit in Utah.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay! I am coming home for Ashton's wedding too. It'll be so great for the three of us to be together again!! Let's do a bachelorette party the night before, k?