Monday, May 12, 2008

The Jamba secrets are out

I bet some of you are aware that there are "secret" Jamba Juice smoothies. For those of you who aren't, I'll let you in on the secrets of Jamba Juice. I don't work at Jamba Juice anymore so I feel alright divulging. These "secret" smoothies are called underground smoothies and they aren't advertised and they're only made when you ask for them. Some locations don't know how to make some of the underground smoothies so I'll only include the most popular and well known underground smoothies.

White Gummi Bear The most popular of underground smoothies is the White Gummi Bear. Freshman at BYU thought they were cool for ordering this one. People have told me that employees at Jamba Juice won't tell them what's in this one to keep it more secret. I think that's dumb. It has mangoes, one scoop of every sherbet (raspberry, orange, lime and pineapple), soy milk and peach juice. The White Gummi Bear tastes freakishly like a white gummi bear (I personally don't think that's a good thing). The color the smoothie comes out looking gross so beware. Also available is the Red Gummi Bear which is probably the least popular underground smoothie. Instead of mangoes it has strawberries, and instead of peach juice it has raspberry juice.

Strawberry Shortcake My favorite of the underground smoothies is the Strawberry Shortcake. It is very sweet but tastes like strawberry shortcake so you can't go wrong "secretly" ordering this one.

Pink Starburst Close next in popularity to the White Gummi Bear is the Pink Starburst (or Pink Star for people who frequently get it). This smoothie tastes EXACTLY like a pink starburst. It has strawberries, lemonade, soymilk and frozen yogurt in it.

If anyone wants the exact recipes for these let me know. I have the exact ounces and scoops ingrained in my mind after working there for 3 years! The only problem about making them at home is that Jamba Juice has really good sherbet and juices, and you can't buy these at the store without them tasting pretty different. I've tried making some at home and they come out kind of the same but they end up costing too much to buy all the separate ingredients.

1 comment:

The Ehat Family said...

You are too funny! I didn't know about underground smoothies!!! Too cool. Next time I go I am going to order one. Just so I can be as AWESOME as you are. :0)