Friday, May 23, 2008

Dirty laundry

I spent my morning off today at the laundromat. I thought I would never have to go to a laundromat again after we moved away from Wymount, but I was wrong. I tried washing our rug in our washing machine a few days ago and I guess it was a bad idea because it broke it. It started emitting burning smells and smoke. The maintenance lady came over to take a look at it and after an hour of swearing under her breath she said she couldn't fix it and we would have to get a new one. Apparently a lot of these old washing machines have been breaking down. I was so happy she said that because now we get a brand new one! Our broken one was pretty old and extremely loud, so what better time to get a new one (especially since we're not paying for it). We're thinking it as another resigning bonus!

I got pretty attached to the laundromat this morning though. I love getting four loads of laundry done in the time it takes to do one. I also love the front loading washing machines, and the turbo dryers that take 20 minutes to dry everything perfectly. However you do lose some peace of mind knowing that random people have washed their underwear in the machine you're washing your sheets in...

1 comment:

Val said...

Ok, so I'm laughing really hard about you guys being freaked out by the baby countdown and thinking it looks like an alien. That is so funny! You can go to lilypie.com and get a cute count down that doesn't have a fetus or as you guys refer to it an alien. :) We have one counting down till Oaklee is 1 but you can get one for pregnancy too.