Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sales schemes and burnt money

I had to be at work an hour early today for a wellness meeting. I was excited to go because I expected the meeting would consist of work out ideas and healthy recipes, but I was surprised to find out that all it consisted of was a chiropractor trying to build his clientèle. He gave us a sales pitch about how stressed we are because we can't stand on one foot with our eyes closed with our arms folded for twenty seconds, and how he'll be able to solve all our problems. At the end of the "wellness meeting" he had us write down our phone numbers and addresses on a questionare and had us set up absolutely free meeting times with him... I was tempted to put down a bogus phone number but I started feeling bad for the person who may get the call. Instead I didn't write down anything, and I just took off making sure "Dr. Mike" didn't see me. I think our management knew what was going to happen because none of them even showed up to the meeting.

To make things more interesting at work today a lady brought in $2,940.00 of burnt to a crisp money. She said she had been storing the money under her stove, but then the money accidentally caught on fire. My manager and I had to count all the bits and pieces of the money the best we could and put them in envelopes to send to the federal reserve. The lady was hoping she could exchange her money for new bills right on the spot. She was disappointed that the NCUA doesn't provide those types of services. I love my job.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Do you think she'll actually get new bills? That is the most outrageous story! I love Milwaukee...

Lindsey said...

They said that $1000.00 dollars of it would probably get approved but the rest was too burnt to be able to tell what it was.