Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Frozen beverage advice

It has been such a nice day in Milwaukee today. It kind of reminded me of what summer is like! Today was the first day of the year that I didn't have to wear a coat to work. Because of the recent heat wave I have been on the search for a Slurpee, but because there are no 7-Elevens in Wisconsin I have had to search for knock-offs instead, Icees. I found out that Target, Speedway, and Sears Grand are the only places that have them around here. I went to Target and they only had Twizzler's Strawberry and some sugar free cherry something or other. I went for the Twizzlers and it was nasty. Casey finished it even though it tasted like melted licorice. I tried again yesterday at another Target and this one had four flavors at last. I went for the full sugar classic cherry. Definitely not as good as my favorite Pina Colada Slurpee but we must make sacrifices to live in Wisconsin (as Casey says).

Now what I can't sacrifice? Pancakes in the park Kiwanis Club style.

No comments: