Saturday, April 5, 2008

Little me

I was going through my scrapbooks trying to finally put away wedding video pictures that I picked up at my parent's house at Christmas. I've been putting it off for a really long time because I knew it would take forever! I ended up just sitting on the couch looking at the pictures instead of putting them back. I thought I'd add a few classics of my life.

I loved elementary. My friends and I won a competition in 4th grade to decorate a Utah canvas that we would then send to the Children's Museum in NYC. It was supposed to be apart of all the state's paintings, but I'm still convinced they just threw it away once they got it.
The 5th grade world's fair. I initially wanted to do Japan but my teacher said there were already three people doing Japan so I had to choose another country. I then decided on Brazil because Brad (my brother-in-law) went there on his mission. You can tell from the picture how much I enjoyed it.
Freshman cheerleading. My friend Ashton and I were preparing to brave a cold, rainy football game so we got the hair dryer and warmed our pants up through the side pockets.
Prom! I went with my then "boyfriend" Sage Hale. His dad's 7-series BMW broke down on the way to dinner so we walked to another boy's house and took his mom's Suburban.
I had two jobs in high school, lifeguarding and ice cream scooping. I rotated during Winter and Summer. Favorite B.R. flavors: Nutty Coconut and Pralines and Cream.
Life at Timpview a.k.a. Pimpview was so much fun. Senior year I get my big break in the Thunderbolt, except now thanks to the caption I'm worried that people think I cheat during class with my cell phone. I don't think my phone at the time even had text messaging.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love all of these pictures. I remember the worlds fair. I had my hook and cast (remember when I broke my finger). I think we may have been wearing the same black overalls on that day. Overalls were all the rage.

Kari said...

Fun memories! Do you have a scanner?