Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lindsey Green's day off

Tuesdays are my days off. Mondays are bearable because I know the next day I'll be able to sleep in and spend the day doing whatever I want. However, because I am still technically in school Tuesdays are supposed to be my cram in the homework days. It is so hard for me to buckle down and do homework though. Independent Study lessons blow. Think about sitting in American Heritage in the JSB with 900 other students with the lights dimmed learning about supply and demand and you will think that is bad. Now think about sitting at home in front of the computer reading all day with one million distractions and no motivation, plus no one tells you when tests are coming up or papers are due. I'd much rather be sleeping in American Heritage, at least you know it will all be over at the end of the semester. Independent Study is ALWAYS there waiting to be finished, it never ends.

On a different topic, I am in dire need of a marshmallow shake. I haven't had one since we moved away from Utah. Iceberg in Provo/Orem has the BEST marshmallow shakes and I don't want to waste the calories on a gross shake from somewhere else so I haven't attempted to purchase one here in Wisconsin. You may think why a marshmallow shake? I have loved marshmallows ever since I was a little kiddo, and what could be better than soft serve and marshmallow creme combined? It's hard to come up with something huh.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

HAHAHA. Marshmallow cream totally reminds me of you. Oh how I miss those days. Too bad there are no good mallow shakes in Milwauks...sad sad story.

Oh well, at least you go to go to Costco with you parentals, that's gotta be a good feeling.

David and Jodee said...

Interesting....can't say I've ever had one. Have you noticed that Milwauk lacks in MANY food areas??? I always thought that since this state is so unhealthy they must have good food. WRONG! I'm just needing some Cafe Rio (no...Chipotle will not due...they don't warm up the meat!)Malt Shoppe, Bajio. Frustration fills my soul everytime we want to eat out.

Jenna Kim Jones said...

Lindsey. If you come to New York, I can lead you to the BEST marshmallow shake in the world.

Dallas and Abi Makin said...

Hi Lindsey! i was thinking about you and google your name to see if you had a blog and i found it! I love blogs! I think it is the best way to know how everybody else is doing. I'm glad that you guys are doing great! =)

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Hi Lindsey! Casey gave me your blog link and I laughed when I just read this story because my favorite all time flavor of shake is marshmallow! I've had many people over my lifetime think I was a weirdo. I also would make runs to the store to buy marshmallow cream and just sit with a spoon and eat! YUM! Again, I was criticized for that!
I think we'd be great friends!:)