Monday, April 21, 2008

Tagged: 10 reasons

10 Reasons Why I'm Lame

1. I am an extremely picky eater. I try everything at least once but if I don't like it after that I'm not going to eat it again. One specific food I am most picky about: Onions, they make me sick, I always take them off of food or ask for food without them.

2. I am very squeamish. I explained this in my post "Sometimes I Pass Out." It all started when I passed out in my high school anatomy class while watching an animated movie about bones breaking.

3. I still listen to the same music I did in Junior High. My favorite CD was Collective Soul: Dosage and it still is one of my favorites that I always listen to.

4. In Junior High my friend Ashton and I joked about sending an American Girl magazine to a scary goth girl in our P.E. class. She found out about it and said her posse would come and beat us up if we sent her anything. I got scared and told my mom who called a girl's mom in my ward that was apart of this girl's posse. I used to let my mom fight my fights for me.

5. I am so used to diet sodas that regular ones taste weird to me.

6. I used to get teary eyed during the commercials for cotton "the touch the feel of cotton, the fabric of our life"

7. I love the smell of chlorine. It takes me back to my lifeguarding days.

8. I am OC about washing my hands. I can't touch anything after I go shopping or come back from work until I wash my hands.

9. One day I unknowingly ate a prepackaged Asian food dish that had ants floating in the sauce. Out of my family I was the first to start eating until Kari told me she thought there were ants in it. I just thought the ants were chunks of pepper perhaps. I was traumatized once I took a closer look at my food and found the ants. Lesson learned: don't be the first to dig in.

10. I have spent way too much time on this!!!!!!!!!!

10 Reasons Why I Rock

1. I am actually kind of good at fixing things. I usually use make-shift tools. I fixed a door in our apartment with a pen cap. I also fixed some broken plastic stuff underneath our car that was scraping the road whenever we'd drive. I just duct taped it to something else underneath the car. It at least helped for a couple of days.

2. I am pretty good at making food. Especially cupcakes. It's all about the presentation.

3. I can always beat people at those grip tests because of my ripped wrist muscles from years of scooping ice cream at B.R. and Jamba.

4. I'm good at making people laugh. I love trying to come up with original funny things and getting Casey to laugh.

5. I am very good about being on time to places (when I'm in charge). I have never ever been late to a job. I enjoy being places early.

6. I just won the Prestigious Pickle Award at work!!!! (The pickle theme comes from a motivational movie about giving member the pickle) It really is prestigious because only one person every quarter wins it and you have to get nominated and voted for to win. Reason I won it: "Lindsey always seems to get the 'difficult' members. Although these members frequently yell at her for things she has no control over she always seems to stay positive and forget about it once that member leaves." Little does my manager know that I don't forget about these people. I got a pickle ornament and a certificate.

7. (For Kari) I can do an awesome mean baby voice- I had to find a way to get back at Kari's annoying baby voice so I came up with the mean baby voice who can take Kari's baby voice down!

8. I taught myself how to knit, and I've learned how to crochet pretty well. I love making little beanies for my newborn nieces and nephews. It gives me something to do if Casey wants to watch football, baseball, or basketball.

9. I am a good research paper writer. I actually enjoy writing them. In my ComD 438 (Hearing Tests and Measures) class at BYU we had to write a research paper that we were supposed to spend the whole semester working on. When we turned in our rough drafts a month and a half before the end of the semester my Professor told me he'd take my rough draft as the final paper and give me an A because it was so good :) Thanks Dr. McPherson and Meniere's Disease!

10. I have a really good memory. Don't think you can have me pick out a Christmas present and then I'll forget about it.

I tag whoever thinks this would be fun to do!

1 comment:

Kari said...

About washing your hands.... it will only get worse once you have a baby. I'm always worried I'll give Ethan germs so I wash my hands all the time! My hands are so dry. No fun.