Friday, March 28, 2008

Frozen Tundra

It was so fun to have my parents here in Milwauks! We had so much fun. We did a lot of traveling around. We went to Madison one day (I really wanted a Jamba Juice), Waukesha another day, and Green Bay/Costco the last day.

Because my dad was here on business my parents had a rental car that was from Canada that only had kilometers/hr on the speedometer. It was interesting, but we never got pulled over! In Madison we drove around the capitol and went to Jamba Juice then on our way back we went to "The Domes" in Milwaukee. I had heard mixed reviews on them so I was worried, but they actually were really cool. My parents and I love plants so it was cool seeing all the varieties. The seasonal dome was pretty lame but the other two made up for it.

We went to Waukesha so my dad could meet with people for his work. It was pretty cool seeing Keesha, and we randomly stopped at a little Taco joint for lunch and saw six missionaries eating there.

Green Bay was a lot of fun. Casey took the day off of work to come with us. Before we left up to Green Bay we stopped at the Harley tour. I thought it would be interesting to learn about the motorcycles. The tour consisted of watching a ten minute video about the brand and then taking a 45 minute factory tour. We walked around the factory wearing goggles and a headphone that was hooked up to the tour guides microphone. I couldn't hear her the whole tour because it was so loud in the factory, but it was worth going to see the factory.

Next we went to Lambeau Field. We took the tour and it was fun to go places that we wouldn't normally be able to go. We got to go up to the biggest boxes that are like $800,000 a season. The coolest part was going down onto the field and walking out through the tunnel. They played music/crowd cheering effects to make it sound legit when we walked out. Casey got teary eyed.

On our way back from Green Bay my parents took us to the new Costco in Grafton. Casey and I only have a Sam's Club card so we hadn't been there yet. I personally think Costco is 100,000x better than Sam's Club and I was so excited to go. It took me back to living with my parents taking weekly Saturday trips there to socialize, pick up our lunch via the sample tables, and most importantly just hanging out at our "country club" while picking up the week's necessities. I love the Costco lifestyle. Thanks mom and dad!

View from the box

No comments: