Monday, March 10, 2008

I am politically incorrect

Last week Casey and I got Girl Scout cookies from a girl that I work with. I was surprised to find out that she's 17 and still a Girl Scout. When I was ordering the cookies from her about a month ago I was confused because I couldn't find my favorite Samoas anywhere on the order form! I asked her if they sell them and she said she'd never heard of any cookie called a Samoa. I asked the people I work with if they had ever heard of a Samoa. "No", "No", "No, you racist", "No". I looked at all the descriptions of the cookies trying to find a suitable alternative and finally found the Caramel Delight. The picture and description were EXACTLY the same as my Samoa cookie. I guess here in Wisconsin naming cookies after an ethnicity is politically incorrect. Oh well, at least I got my chocolately, coconuty, caramely, cookie goodness. Whatever the PC name is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, someone should have warned you. There are two dueling bakers in the girl scout cookie world. Apparently here in WI they use the one opposite of the rest of the country. Tagalongs are now Peanut Butter Patties (BORING), Do-si-does are Peanut Butter Sandwiches, etc. LAME. Still just as good, tho! And...these bakers sell Lemonades, which are my new favorite.

Natalie said...

Your post was very funny! I totally remember those cookies! My fav. are the mint ones! Hope things are going well for you guys!

David and Jodee said...

what's wrong with you white girl???