Monday, May 3, 2010

Changes

Casey got an offer to start BYU’s MBA program which starts this Fall, and we accepted. We’ll be moving to Provo at the end of July. Words cannot express our excitement.  Casey worked so hard to get in. This hard work has made us greatly appreciate the result. I have never seen anyone work as hard as Casey has.

Now the bitter.  I am so incredibly sad to be leaving Wisconsin.  We have been through so much in Wisconsin.  We became parents in Wisconsin. We have grown up here. Wisconsin has become our home.  Our friends here are our family. We will always love Wisconsin. 

Deciding to leave our friends, ward, and Casey’s job has been an extremely difficult decision for us.  I’ve been thinking of everything I’m going to miss. I will miss so much. 

Now the sweet.  I am thrilled to be starting this next stage in our lives.  I’m so excited to be back in my hometown living the college life.  I loved college.  I didn’t mind being poor.  Hopefully it won’t be a hard transition.

I am excited that Carly will finally get to know her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Casey and I are so excited that we’ll be back by both of our families for two years.  Thanks to all of our family and friends that have supported us in our decision.  We love you!

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! I can't believe it. That is exciting news.
I totally agree with you on your feelings of leaving Wisconsin. Our friends and our ward became our family, and I was miserable to leave all that we had in Wisconsin.
I hope we will get a chance to see you whenever we get to Utah. I would love that.
Why is it only two years?

Lindsey said...

The MBA program is two years. We're not planning on Casey being able to get a good job in Utah after he graduates. We'd rather live somewhere outside of Utah where Casey could find a job that he really wants. We'd love to see you guys if you come to Utah! We miss you!

DeAnn said...

Congratulations! I understand the bitter. I'm glad you're going somewhere than can be equally as sweet. I vote for moving to Ohio after he graduates. Jonathan has some good contacts...:)

Natalie said...

How exciting!! Congrats to Casey, that is awesome! We'll need to see you guys sometime before we move! :) Good luck with packing and everything! How is the herb garden?

Patten Family said...

We're sad but excited. We will miss you:)

Rachel said...

Awesome! My good friend Paul and his wife, Katie, also got accepted to BYU Business School. You guys should hang out with them, too!

Congratulations to Casey!

Ruth said...

Congratulations to you guys!!! Wow! We are going to miss you here. I'm excited for you though- to be close to family. That will be so nice!

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Wow congrats to you guys! That is so wonderful! I know how much Casey loved being a Cougar so I'm glad you guys can make it back there! I can imagine how you feel living away and then going back...definitely bittersweet! Life is just full of changes, enjoy your family giving Carly all of the attention she deserves:)

Megan said...

If I was still in Wisco then I would be sad, but since I'm here I am so happy!!! We don't know how much longer we will be here though since Devin is graduating next week and is starting a job next month (most likely outside of Utah). But I'm excited for you guys and for this next new adventure in your lives. Let me know when you guys arrive and I'll send Devin over to help you unload the truck! :)

Unknown said...

Boo.