Friday, May 7, 2010

Things I love Fridays – Mother’s Day Edition

I love my mom so much. I am so lucky to have a mom like her. My mom has taught me so many things and she still teaches me things.

Being a mom has made me realize even more how grateful I am for my mom. I remember when Carly was a newborn and a few nights in a row she woke up every hour to nurse and I kept thinking how on Earth did my mom do this for 5 kids??? I was sleep deprived, anxiety ridden, and I felt like nobody knew what I was going through! I lived 1,500 miles away from family, Casey was working 12-hour days, I was sleeping 4 hours (at best) a night, and I was stuck inside ALL DAY because it was –20 degrees outside. I called my mom and she told me that things would get better every week, and that she was only a phone call away. I called her a lot, almost everyday. She laughed with me, commiserated with me, and taught me how to be a mom. My mom gave me the confidence and the reassurance that I needed.

Mom, I love you so much. You have taught me so many invaluable lessons, but most importantly you have taught me how to be a mom. I want to be a mom just like you. Happy Mother’s day!

4 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

What a beautiful tribute, Lindsey! It is so true that we really see our parents in a different light when we take on the roles that they had in our lives. You are indeed blessed to have your wonderful mother...and she is very blessed to have such a grateful daughter!

Happy Mother's Day!

Patty

Lindsay said...

Hi Linds! I really love this picture ! Hope you had a great day too!!!! Very cute!

family edge said...

You're a great mom, Linds! You do so much for your family - you're great!

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

Thanks so much Lindsey! What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful daughter. I love you.