Friday, May 21, 2010

Things I love Fridays – Brother edition

Jacob1

I realized I forgot to post last week.  I won’t let that happen again.

I know my little brother would be so embarrassed if he knew I was going to blog about him. Being the only boy (and youngest child) with 4 older sisters he has had a lot of teasing from us girls, but he has taken it like a champ. I think he has accepted the fact that older sisters like to tease, and embarrass their cute little brothers. He doesn’t read my blog so I think I’m safe bragging about him. 

My little brother Jacob is graduating from High School next week!  I can’t believe my little brother is all grown up.  I used to put bows in his hair and share a bunk bed with him, and now he’s off to BYU in August and a mission at the end of the year!

I am so proud of my little brother.  He has accomplished so many things in high school.  He took state 3 years in a row in football (wide receiver).  He also took 2nd in state in 110 hurdles.  He’s the Senior Class President.  He earned a 3.9 GPA  while taking almost every AP class and he got an academic scholarship to BYU! 

This Sunday he is being ordained an Elder.  I really can’t believe that my little brother is going to be a missionary soon.  I’m so proud that he has always been a good kid and done what is right.  He has been a great example to me and many others of how to live your life. I know that he’ll be an awesome missionary.

Jacob7  Jacob5

Photos by Alaina (www.alainasdigitaldarkroom.com)

I love you so much Jacob!  You are an awesome brother and I’m so lucky to be your sister!  I am the proudest older sister in the world.  I’m so excited for all the fun and incredible things you have in your future.

1 comment:

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

You are such a sweet sister, Lindsey. Jacob misses you.