Sunday, June 8, 2008

The visit

Tyson and Jami came to visit last Saturday. We started the trip off right by going to Cheesecake Factory. We always take people there when they come to visit because it gives us an excuse to go. On Sunday we gave them a tour of Milwaukee and drove down Lake Dr. and took them past Kohls Corporate offices to show them Casey's office. Casey had to work on Monday so Tyson and Jami were entertained by me as we went shopping, to Culvers, and to Sprecher. I decided that I never get sick of going to Sprecher. We take anyone who will come to visit us and I think I've been six times now. Instead of trying the array of sodas every time now I only stick to getting refills of the good flavors (Cream Soda, and Root Beer). New this tour was the Cherry Cola. On Tuesday Casey had work off and we were planning on going to Chicago for the day. We decided not to after there were severe thunderstorm warnings. It ended up only sprinkling during the day. Tyson and Jami helped us get some things done like fix our brake light in our car, get Casey camping gear, and eat leftovers. We went to Holy Hill in the morning, and hung out most of the rest of the day . On Wednesday they left. It was so fun to have them here to visit. They were so nice to come! They are our only siblings that have braved the Milwaukee trip (except Jacob who came one time with my parents). Just ask them and they'll tell you it was their favorite trip ever.

Casey made them pose in front of the handicapped sign
Beautiful Holy Hill. It was our first time going.


Holy Hill is the highest elevation in S.E. Wisconsin. The church is ran by friars, and has cool sculptures all around the grounds. There is also a grotto where you can fill your bucket/bottle (a spigot for each, your choice) with holy water.


Overlooking S.E. Wisconsin. It's so green and beautiful!
... and I wanted to show a picture of the beautiful Peony Casey got me for Mother's Day. It bloomed a couple of days after he gave it to me and it smelled soooo good. The wind outside destroyed it and now it doesn't have a flower anymore. Good thing I took a picture!

No comments: