Monday, June 30, 2008

I hate softball


Casey has been injured so many times playing sports that before every game I have to make sure to remind him to be safe and then I pray he'll be alright. His poor hand has been injured so many times. A couple years ago he shattered a bone in his ring finger playing soccer and had to get surgery to get screws inserted in the joints and since then he's still had multiple injuries. Last Thursday he had a softball game and I told him to not slide into any bases, but of course he was too into the game to remember my words. He slid head first into 2nd and slid into someone's cleat instead. I knew it was bad when he told me that he couldn't play anymore and we had to leave. Right when we got into the car I could tell it was pretty bad because he felt like he was going to pass out and his finger was bleeding pretty bad. I took him to the emergency room and they took great care of him. He ended up slicing the top of his pinky and if was hanging by a little piece of skin! I'm so glad that he's alright now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodee Luke said...

Way to take one for the team Casey! Us wives always know best!

vanessa said...

I know what you mean. There has only been 1-2 games where Merrick hasn't skinned his one knee sliding. I'm glad you got it looked at and that he's okay.