Friday, July 23, 2010

Things I love Fridays – Wisconsin Edition

This is my last Friday in Wisconsin.  Next Thursday is move-day.  On Wednesday I started packing; I started with our pictures in our living room.  I got teary-eyed as I took them down.  I started thinking about all that has happened during our stay in Milwaukee.  It’s sad to think I’m taking Carly away from her home and what she knows.  I know that we’ll be living by family, but still I feel like we’re leaving family in Wisconsin.  I decided to write down a few things that I love about Wisconsin, and some memories I have, for this post.  Here they are:

- Aldi.  I love Aldi.  I especially love their plain bagels, spaghetti sauce and cheap produce. 

- Being within 15 minutes of 3 Targets, and being less than 5 minutes away from one of those.

- Game nights with the Callisters

- Green Bay Packers mania

- Kringles

- Wisconsin accents.  “do you want a 'beg’ for your milk?” 

- The memory of Casey being hit on by a large black woman at the Quik Pantry on 99th and Brown Deer. 

- Working at Educator’s Credit Union.  That has hundreds of memories in itself.  Like this, thisthis, this, and this

- Beautiful Summers

- Lightning bugs

-My entire foot being pooped on by a cow at the WI State Fair.  And I didn’t get the ‘don’t wear flip-flops to the Fair’ memo.

- While visiting in Utah, people asking me how living in Minnesota is going. 

- Fleet Farm

- Sprecher Root Beer and Cream Soda

- Scrumptious milk and cheese.

- Butter in the shape of a lamb around Easter time.

- Being able to drive 15 minutes one way to go downtown, or 15 minutes the other way to be out in the country with cows and corn.

*And most of all, our Wisconsin Family:

Our BYU Kohl’s family at a going away party the Callister’s threw for us (more pics to come):

DSC02506

We will miss having the missionaries around, and being a part of the “missionary process.”  We love all the Elders we’ve gotten to know.  Here are Elders Wonnacott and Barker.  Elder Barker has been in our ward for about 6 months (or longer).  They would ask me to make them BBQ chicken pizza every time they would come over to eat, and I loved having them over because they would swoon over it.   They told me that my BBQ chicken pizza is famous in the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission. I don’t mean to brag or anything but my pizza is kind of a big deal.

DSC02536

My Primary kids (minus 2)

DSC02322

The Young Men and Young Women.  Casey and I have both had a chance to get to know most of these kids.  They are awesome.

DSC02538

Thank you for the memories Wisconsin!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Great Linds, I'm at work, now crying trying to hide my tears. That picture of all of us is so touching. Our wisconsin family is just that, a family. We are really going to miss you guys!!

DeAnn said...

This makes me want to cry too. I wish I could have had longer than 2 years in Wisconsin. Love the one about Minnesota!