Friday, July 2, 2010

Things I love Fridays – The 4th of July!

I know this weekly post is pretty random and includes intangible objects a lot, but I love thinking of things/people/places that I love.  Thanks to the 2 people that have told me they enjoy reading it!

I love the 4th of July.  I have so many fun memories of the 4th.  I love the parties, parades, warm weather, and fireworks.  Growing up we’d wake up early on the 4th to go eat pancakes in the park and watch all the hot air balloons. Then we’d go with the Hatch cousins to the Provo parade and then in the evening we’d go to the Stadium of Fire with Knudsen cousins.  I remember seeing The Beach Boys at the Stadium of Fire (when I was 7?) and falling in love with them.  The Summer that Casey and I were engaged and he was gone for 10 weeks on an internship (here in WI) my parents surprised me with a plane ticket for Casey to come back to Utah for my sister’s wedding and the 4th of July. That was my favorite 4th of July ever. 

Ever since we’ve been in Wisconsin I’ve really missed those 4th of July parties with family.  Casey and I both get homesick for Utah on the 4th of July.  It’s kind of like Christmas in July and not being able to be with family.  We are lucky THIS year though because Casey’s parents are coming to Milwaukee on the 5th, then later on in the week were meeting up with all the rest of the Greens in Nauvoo for a family reunion!  I’m really excited to be with family this year, even though it’s not right on the 4th it’s close enough!  I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

No comments: