Friday, June 18, 2010

Things I love Fridays – Dad Edition

Top-24_edited-1

DSC01675

 DSC00528

Top_edited-1

I love my dad so much.  He is such an amazing man.  He has taught me so many important things.  When I was little I remember climbing up on my dad’s lap and asking for him to tickle me.  It’s so fun to see Carly giggle when grandpa tickles her now. 

My dad is one of the funniest people I know.  He always has jokes to tell.  I owe my sense of humor to him.  Growing up our house was always full of laughter and I loved it.  When my family gets together I always end up laughing so hard that my stomach hurts. 

My dad taught me the importance of education and hard work.  My dad told Casey that he’d let him marry me if Casey promised that I’d graduate from college.   I DID graduate from college (thank goodness for Casey). 

My dad also taught me the importance of learning how to use tools and fix things.  Casey is especially grateful for this one!  My dad can build anything and fix anything.   He is also an amazing, self-taught woodworker. 

My dad is an amazing pianist. Growing up I loved hearing him play Beatles songs, and classics on the piano.

I am so grateful for the example that my dad has always been to me.  He has always taken care of his family.  I love that I always could and still can go to my dad for a blessing.  I love that he not only taught me how important the gospel is but he has showed me how I should live my life and how I can be happy.

Happy Fathers day Dad!  I love you!

1 comment:

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

What a nice tribute! You are a sweetheart.