Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paintscapades

Last week I was watching Project Runway online and in one of the scenes I saw some paintings that I really liked.  So I decided to try to create them on my own.

Here’s the link, scroll to almost the very end (time: 41.02-42.05), and let me know what you think.

Full Episode 1: Back to New York | myLifetime.com

Here are my reproductions:

DSC01794 

DSC01798

DSC01789

Last week during my painscapades I realized that I love to paint.  My Grandma Hatch was an awesome oil painter and I like to think that I got some of her creative genes.  I thought of some other beginner-type things I could paint and came up with this “G” :

DSC01791

DSC01793

I think it spices up our hallway.  Now I think I’m going to go paint some more!

7 comments:

kayla said...

Those are impressive they look exactly the same.

Patten Family said...

Amazing! Wowee girly - you're going to need a bigger place once you start doing portraits of Casey!

Unknown said...

Love them! Nicely done!

We are 3. said...

Very cute! That is really funny because I just drew a mock up of a geometric canvas that I want to do yesterday. It looks very similar to yours but has triangular shapes intead or half circles. I hope mine turn out as good as yours- I dont have any artistry in my Hatch genes though. :)

Natalie said...

Very cool! Makes me want to paint something too?? :)

Stewart Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stewart Family said...

I love it! I could use an original Green to spice up my hallway :o)