Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aspiring Cobbler

I found a baby shoe tutorial through one of my friend’s blogs, and I have been having so much fun making shoes for Carly.  They are pretty easy to make.  I just had to tweak the pattern to make the shoes bigger for Carly. I made her a couple pairs in just a few hours.  I think they’re adorable.  I just interfaced the fabric, and used suede for the soles so they’d be durable for Carly walking in them.

DSC01820

DSC01821

DSC01831

DSC01862

DSC01854 

Here’s a video of Carly dancing in her new shoes.

8 comments:

Kari said...

Wow! You amaze me with your crafty skills!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

You should make a matching pair for Casey!

Natalie said...

Aren't they fun!? :) I think I need to use suede next time...leather was just such a hassle for me to sew with...
Super cute shoes! Great job!

Stewart Family said...

So cute! You should totally sell them :o) I would get a pair.

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

Wow, darling shoes. Carly is a dancing queen.

Tearsa said...

So cute! You are amazing. My friend has made a few pairs too and said they were easy enough for my meager sewing skills, but I still haven't gotten up the nerve to try them. She didn't use the seude though, good idea!

Rachel and Todd said...

Those shoes are so great, and they seem pretty easy to make! Thanks for the info! I love the fabrics you chose.

family edge said...

Those are darling shoes!!! What a crafty sister-in-law I have! Kenzie watched the video of Carly dancing with me just now and she said, "I sure do like Carly!"