Friday, April 16, 2010

Things I love Fridays – Oreo fudge ice cream cake

I love making desserts.  If I have to take a dish to a gathering I will almost always bring a dessert.  My most loved dessert to make and to eat is this:

image I love that it’s so easy to make yet it looks like you’ve spent a lot of time making it!  I also love that guests are always wowed when I pull this out of the freezer. I got the recipe from Kraft Foods (one of my favorite recipe websites). 

Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Cake

1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed

1 tub  (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided

1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) Chocolate Instant Pudding

8   Oreos, chopped (about 1 cup)

12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches

POUR fudge topping into medium bowl. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. Stir in chopped Oreos.

ARRANGE 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; top with half the Cool Whip mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sandwiches. Frost top and sides with remaining Cool Whip. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.

FREEZE 4 hours or until firm.

5 comments:

Bushchicken said...

It'll probably turn my arteries into rocks, but I've got to try this. I can't believe how time-consuming it looks for what it really is!

By the way, my checkbook hates you for introducing me to Jamba Juice's underground flavors. Pink Star and Strawberry Shortcake FTW.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Looks fantastic! I've gotta try this!

PB

vanessa said...

Yum! I've been thinking about this all day. I need to try making this sometime soon!

Kim Shepherd said...

That looks so good. I'm going to have to make that sometime soon.

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

Is this in our family cookbook?