Friday, March 12, 2010

Texas

Carly and I went to College Station, TX this week to visit my sister Kari and her family. We had an amazing time.  College Station is such a nice city.  I fell in love with it while we were there. It was so nice to wear shorts and a T-shirt and bask in the warmth of Texas.  I couldn’t get over finally being able to see Carly’s cute little chubby arms!

Carly and Ethan (2 years) had fun playing with each other (for the most part).  They got pretty protective of the toys they were playing with.  One minute they’d be fighting and the next they’d be hugging and giggling. 

DSC01997

My bro-in-law Aaron is going to graduate school at Texas A&M so Kari showed me the gigantic campus and we stopped at the Bonfire Memorial.  When I unstrapped Carly from her stroller she went crazy running everywhere she could.  I realized it was the first time she'd been able to run around outside.  She started walking when it was pretty cold outside in WI.  

DSC02005

Oh how I loved that green grass!

DSC02008

DSC02009

Carly played on a playground for her first time too! 

DSC02018

DSC02014

DSC02029

One of the days we went to a children’s museum.  There were a bunch a fun hands-on activities for the kids, even a lot for kids Carly’s age. 

DSC02024

This pic sums up Carly and Ethan’s relationship:

DSC02027

Carly loved playing with Uncle Aaron.  She constantly wanted to sit on his lap and be held by him.

DSC02034

Thank you Kari and Aaron for such a fun week!

4 comments:

Kari said...

The pictures turned out cute!

Kristen said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you had a great time.

DeAnn said...

I had the same thought when I saw the green grass! Fun trip.

Tearsa said...

Oh, the sun and the grass!! I'm so jealous! Glad you got to go, sounds like it was a blast.