Monday, November 2, 2009

We love candy

Our Halloween weekend started off a bit rocky but turned into one of the best Halloween weekends ever. The rocky part started off on Friday night while Casey was in Northern Wisconsin camping with the Scouts. While Casey was literally freezing, Carly and I had a party and stayed up until 4 a.m. But, it wasn’t really a party because Carly was sick. She had a fever of 103 degrees! Ibuprofen AND Tylenol would not bring it down. Poor girl. I’ve never seen my child so sick. After being sick with bronchitis myself I hate thinking that my little baby has to go through it now.

It was horrible having Casey gone especially when I knew that if he were home he’d know how to take care of both Carly and me and we’d probably all be fast asleep. I have no idea how single parents do it. When Casey came home on Saturday morning we were all ready to go back to sleep. We got some really good naps. Casey could only make it onto half of the couch before he passed out:

DSC01375

After a morning of rest and relaxation, Casey tried on about 10 different Halloween costumes. He finally settled on a David Beckham ensemble pretty much because it was the only one that I approved of. I LOVE how excited Casey gets for holidays!

In the evening we headed over to the Callister's beautiful new home for a festive dinner. It was so fun to see all the kids dressed up:

DSC01378

DSC01385

DSC01387

Then when all the kids went to bed we enjoyed a fabulous dinner. We had stew cooked in a pumpkin – you can’t get more festive than that! It was so much fun to tell scary stories, laugh, and play games with these people. We had a blast.

From left: Callisters, Pattens, and O’Neills

DSC01388

No comments: