Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Winter wear

I bought this sweater last winter at Old Navy for $5.  It was too good of a deal to pass up.  I have never worn it because the sleeves drive me crazy.  They are really wide and a weird length (I just grabbed it and bought it without trying it on).

DSC01399

So I decided to make it into a sweater dress for Carly using the tutorial here:

DSC01407

DSC01401

DSC01406

It was really easy to make.  It only took about an hour to do everything!  I cut the large sleeves off the original sweater and cut them up to fit Carly’s arms.  Then I cut the collar of the neck to make it smaller, and then sewed everything together.  This has been my favorite creation.  I love it!

6 comments:

Paula and Kevin Palmer said...

Holy Cow you are flippen amazing! That is so cute! You are so great at sewing!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Love your recycling! So cute!

Patty

Casey said...

I'm glad that $5 went to someone wearing it:)

DeAnn said...

We're getting Natalie a sewing machine for Christmas and I'm excited to use it too! Good job!!

Stewart Family said...

Wow. Good job!

Kristen Whiteley said...

That dress is so cute! You are really creative. What talent!