Thursday, August 6, 2009

Utah love

Carly and I had a blast in Utah. We spent 10 days with my family in Provo and we also got to see Casey's family in Centerville for a day. I was so sad that Casey couldn't come with us. He's the Scoutmaster in our ward and therefore had to go to scout camp for a week (pics to come). I didn't want to be home alone for an entire week so I decided that it would be the perfect time for Carly and me to take a trip. Carly did awesome on both flights. We flew on Delta's new non-stop flight to Salt Lake. It was sooooo nice. The hardest part of the flight was getting someone to help carry Carly's stroller and carseat down the stairs to get directly onto the tarmac (there wasn't an elevator). It was fun to have The Cheneys from our ward on our same flight-they even sat on the row in front of us.

I loved being able to hang out with my family. I hit up all my favorite food and shopping spots. I even got a relaxing pedicure. I got so spoiled having my family watch Carly while I got to go do some things. My parents and brother went camping for a couple of days and Carly and I got to stay at my sister Brooke's house. Brooke lives just up the street from Seven Peaks so we spent an afternoon swimming there. I hadn't been to Seven Peaks since I worked there 5 years ago! Carly loved crawling on the "beach" at Adventure Bay and playing in the kiddie pool. After uploading all the pictures from the trip I realized that I don't have ANY pictures of me and I only got one picture while we were in Centerville. Casey is usually the photographer when we go on trips so I sometimes forget to take pictures! Here are some pictures:


Brick Oven Lovin'


Sadie (10 months) and Carly after Seven Peaks. Carly was exhausted!

So cute!

My brother Jacob is a lifeguard at Riverside Country Club so we went swimming there too.

My sister Kristen came too.
One of the things that I miss most about Utah is having picnics in the canyon during the Summer. Whenever I'm there in the Summer we always go on a picnic. Here's some of the family minus Kari, Aaron and some kids who were playing in the dirt.

My sister Brooke and Sadie

Kristen's adorable twins Thomas and Taylor (5 months old)

Now we know why Carly loves grandpa so much!

Hmm wonder why she had diarrhea after...



Casey's brother Tyson and Tyson's wife Jami. Carly really liked Tyson, I think she felt comfortable because Tyson looks a lot like Casey.

Hanging out with cousins.

First time swinging at the park

She loved it!

My mom and my sister Brooke.Carly loves Utah as much as I do!


Thanks everyone for such a fun and relaxing trip. We miss you already!

4 comments:

Tearsa said...

What a fun trip! I LOVE the pics of Carly in the swing. She is so adorable. Cole just loves to look at Baby Carly :)

Kari said...

Thanks for posting pictures. They were so fun to look at and I got a little teary eyed because I miss my family!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Lindsey, great blog! Thanks for lending out your hubby to the scouts for the week. Love the football player/cheerleader picture!

Nick

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

We loved having you visit. The pictures are so fun!