Monday, October 6, 2008

Politics

I was reading my sister Kari's blog and after reading one of her posts I realized that I, like her, am very lucky to have a family that is very into politics. Growing up my family would always have interesting conversations about politics probably because my mom is a republican and my dad is a democrat. I learned from them how important it is to be an educated voter.

I was talking to my dad on the phone today about Provo politics. My parents are supporting a lady running for state senate. She's running against a man who has been in office for a long time. Recently a "controversy" came out about him and how he treated a pizza delivery girl. She blogged about what happened and now it's received a lot of attention on the news all over in Utah, and even as far as Texas. You can read her blog entry here:
http://cartoonbrickwall.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-run-in-with-majority-leader-in-utah.html.
I thought it was really interesting.Sadly I don't think the lady running against him will win the election because he continues to be reelected election after election! I hope people in Provo will not just vote for someone because they're the incumbent and a Mormon - it doesn't always mean that they are a good, honest person!

1 comment:

Joey Shepherd said...

I agree with you Lindsey. Hopefully I get to vote and I won't be voting for him.