Sunday, August 7, 2011

2 days left?!?!

I have only 2 days left until my due date.   This pregnancy has gone by very fast… except for the past 2 weeks which have dragged on and on and have seemed like 2 months!  I was honestly hoping that this little girl would do her mom a favor and come a week early but she’s just like her sister and wants to come late! 

This past week I went into the doctor twice because my Dr. wanted to strip my membranes and then check me a few days later to see if I could be induced on Monday.  I know my Dr. is nice to offer to induce me a day before my due date and I was a bit hesitant honestly but I am supposedly making enough progress already to be induced.  A few hours after I left the Dr. on Friday I got a call from a nurse saying that the hospital is booked Monday and Tuesday for inductions so I can’t be scheduled until Wednesday.  Which I know it isn’t that bad to have a baby one day late, but I had been planning on being induced on Monday for a week!  The nurse told me that the Dr. is pretty sure that I’ll have the baby before then anyway so it shouldn’t be a big deal, we’ll see…

I have been trying to enjoy all the one on one time I have left with Carly. She is at such a fun stage where she is always asking me how I’m doing and saying how much she loves me.  My favorite is when she says, “mommy, you’re my best friend ever!”   I can’t believe I’ll have two kids by Wednesday. I am so excited! 

3 comments:

Meagan said...

So exciting!!

Patten Family said...

Aw man! You are in for a wild ride sister! So happy for you and your family. Having two girls in a row is the best, you will see. Shelby (13mo) has already learned how to play pretend picnic and dressup with Morgan. Wow, time flies! Cannot wait to hear the name and good luck!!

Natalie said...

Hope everything goes well! How exciting!! :)