Monday, September 27, 2010

I Made a Quilt!

I’ve always wanted to make a quilt but I thought that it would be too long of a process.  I’ve been wanting to make Carly some new bedding so I decided to just start on a quilt for her and work on it whenever I could. I came up with the design and dimensions on my own. I went to pick out the fabric last Thursday and finished it today!  I probably spent about 90 minutes a day working on it.  The hardest part was putting on that dang satin binding!  That took me Saturday through today to finish.   Now I want to learn how to do some free-hand machine quilting for the next quilt I make. 

DSC02711

I love that window-themed fabric!  The other fabrics are stripes, bird cages, and lovebirds facing each other with a heart in between them.

DSC02719 

The back is light pink with white mini polka dots.

DSC02723

And this is what Carly did while I was working on it…

DSC02689

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Super cute, Lindsey! :) I bet Carly loves it!

Kari said...

You're so talented Lindsey!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

amazing!
Nick

Cynthia said...

I can never seem to get the corners to match up so perfectly as you did.

Great Job!