Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life as an MBA student’s wife…

…has been awesome, so far. I absolutely love being in Provo again. It still feels like we’re on vacation and I have been loving every minute of it,  which is the main reason why I have put off blogging for a while.  

Casey has been in MBA Orientation for 10 days now, and there have been some activities with the students’ families and spouses.  I have met so many people during these past 2 weeks, and it has been a lot of fun.  I am so amazed at how good these people are.  Everyone is so friendly and kind. 

It has also been extremely fun being wined and dined by BYU.  Last night all the new MBA students and their spouses went to listen to Sheri Dew in the new Hinckley Alumni building.  We enjoyed an open “bar” with Italian sodas made to order.  I was in heaven sipping my coconut lime while admiring the beautiful mountain view, but then Casey reminded me that my free Italian soda was really $20,000. 

On Casey’s first day of school last week I made him pose on the front porch in classic Hatch fashion. 

DSC02622

This morning Casey took off on an MBA retreat.  He will be river rafting in Idaho until Sunday.  I do not envy him.  I’m glad that he likes that kind of stuff though.   On Monday he starts his real classes, which means that he will then belong to a “new” family.   Wish him AND me good luck!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome. I love that you had him take a photo where you always took one growing up.

Have you guys met Katie and Paul Bryan yet? They're our good friends from out here and Paul is starting an MBA this year too.

Lindsey said...

We did meet them! I didn't know that you knew them though. Next time I see them I will have to tell them that I know you! Cool!