Saturday, June 27, 2009

4-h gone right

I've been sewing a lot lately during Carly's naps. It's been so much fun to think of things I can make! Last month I got into a taggie blanket making frenzy. My amazing seamstress friend Stephanie taught me how to make them and I couldn't stop! I came up with different minky/fabric/ribbon combos and the possiblilties were endless. When I got tired of making those I moved onto making bigger baby blankets. Carly loves silky fabrics so I made her a full size silky/minky blanket. It was pretty hard to sew with satin so I think that may be my one and only silky baby blanket projects. Now I just need to perfect my skills so I can sew more than a square!



3 comments:

vanessa said...

So cute! I never had one of those but I can imagine the babies would love them. Good job on the blanket too! My grandma made one of those for Camryn and it's so luxurious feeling.

Linda said...

I love the fabric you used on both of them! I am obsessed with soft baby blankets - I may have a new project to undertake!

Jodee Luke said...

way cute fabric!