Monday, April 20, 2009

5 months old!

Our little Carliflower is 5 months old! Time has flown by! This past month has been by far the best out of the bunch. Carly is so fun to hang out with. She listens to us, gives us tons of attention and entertains us!
Lately she's been making funny faces and growling at us. She also loves to "flap" her arms like she's Tarzan.
Carly loves to always have something to put in her mouth. She'll grab whatever she can get her hands on and put it in her mouth. When we go to get her out of bed in the morning lots of times we can hear her sucking on her blanket through the shut door.
She's also become a lot more coordinated with her hands and fingers. She grabs toys and shakes them in front of her while making dinosaur screeching noises. She's also started giggling when we tickle her or give her zerberts on her tummy.
One of this month's most exciting new found tricks is rolling over. She can roll both from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy. She loves sleeping on her side. I put her down on her back to sleep but whenever I go to check on her she's sleeping soundly on her side.
As for me, I've finally been feeling normal again! Besides feeling normal from getting a full night's sleep again, I figured out that the headaches and dizziness I had almost everyday for 3 months after having Carly was caused by the birth control I was taking. No wonder why I felt so good while I was pregnant! I was able to switch to something else without hormones and it's amazing how much better I feel. Now I can finally walk straight!
We are so grateful for Carly! She brings so much happiness into our lives. She is so sweet and has the cutest personality. We are so excited to see what new and exciting things next month brings!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Om my goodness! Carly is sooooo adorable. I love the pic where she's wearing the pink jacket. Soooo cute!

Stewart Family said...

so cute!!!

family edge said...

It's fun to keep up with what Carly is doing. I'm glad you are feeling well, Linds. I'm off and on. Sunday I was ready for Prozac. Hopefully we'll get back on the sleeping schedule.