Sunday, February 15, 2009

I ♥ my DVR

Recently I have become engulfed in the DVR lifestyle. I love it. Usually on Monday mornings I go onto our Remote DVR Access page online and schedule all of the shows I want to record for the upcoming week. AT&T makes it so easy to do this. You can type in any show you want to record and then set it up to record every new episode, rerun, or both FOREVER. You can also record up to 5 shows at a time... and yes I do this sometimes. My classic 4-o'clock line up is: watching The View (that I recorded from that morning) while recording The Doctors, some Food Network show, Jon & Kate plus 8, and Oprah all at the same time! Then at 5-o'clock I can just fast forward through all the boring stuff of each show, and I'm done in time to pick up Casey from work. Instead of thinking that I spend way too much time watching TV I just justify my actions by saying that I actually save more time now that I have a DVR. Now I keep thinking how did I ever live without a DVR????

5 comments:

Kari said...

Someday I will be rich enough to afford a DVR. It sounds amazing! P.S. Does pink curly hair run in Casey's family? I'm pretty sure it doesn't come from the Hatches!

Joey Shepherd said...

I don't know what I would do without my DVR! I love it! It's so nice to have because then I can just watch the shows when she's sleeping. oh and can you add my email address kshepherd2@gmail.com. thanks kim slider shepherd

Unknown said...

You weren't really living before. Your life PD (pre-dvr) was a shallow, empty, meaningless life. Now it's a life full of rainbows and kittens and lollipops.

Rachel and Todd said...

I am such a fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Oprah, too. What would I do without them!! DVR is AWESOME.

Natalie said...

Lucky duck! Having a DVR would be so cool! Maybe one of these days we'll break down and get one!! :) Hope things are going well for you guys!!