Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's official

I am officially a stay-at-home mom. I quit my job today. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I loved my co-workers. I loved doing transactions for people I would've normally been scared of. I loved the 3-inch thick plexi glass that protected me from people and smells. I loved all the crazy stories I'd come home with so excited to tell Casey. I loved knowing everything about people's financial situations. I loved feeling different. I loved learning how to understand what people said to me. I love that I'm getting teary-eyed while I'm writing this. Farewell Educator's Credit Union, I'll love you forever.

7 comments:

We are 3. said...

Congrats!!!

Natalie said...

LOL. That post made me laugh! Doing transactions for people who normally would've scared me...classic. I hope you adjust well to being a stay-at-home mom, it takes time! I hope you and your cute baby are doing well!

Spencer and Amy said...

It's a great feeling to wake up in the morning and know that you don't have to leave your sweet baby! Congrats Lindsey!

Joey Shepherd said...

That's how I felt when I quit the credit union I worked at right before I had the baby. Everything you said is so true. I wish I wouldn't be able to smell the people though especially when I was pregnant. Oh and I loved telling Joey stories from work. Staying at home with your baby is great!

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! And sad, too. At least it's for an adorable cause!

Stewart Family said...

Congratulations! It so fun to be there for all the fun things they do as they get bigger :o)

Jodee Luke said...

I think you should just take the babe with you to work...it's safe right?