Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2 months old!


I can't believe my little baby is already 2 months old. I still think of her as my little newborn baby. Today we took her to the doctor for her 2 month checkup to get her shots. She did a great job and stopped crying right after the nurse was done. She weighs 11lbs 12oz now which puts her in the 75th percentile for weight, and she's in the 95th percentile for height at 24 inches long! It makes me feel so good to know Carly is thriving and getting plenty to eat.


We can't get enough of her chubby cheeks! Here are some fun facts about Carly's milestones:

-Awesome sleeper. Right now she's sleeping from 11-5 then 5-8. Good enough for me! She also loves to sleep in her carseat.

-Smiles, coos and laughs at us. Nothing melts my heart more than when she gives me a big smile.

-Grabs everything, especially my hair. We put books up by her changing table and she loves to look at them and then grab them.

-Sticks out her tongue all the time. I have to be careful of what comes near her mouth or else she ends up licking and drooling all over it.

-Almost grown out of her 0-3 month clothes - Mostly because she is a really long baby. Thank goodness for onesie extenders!

8 comments:

Miriam said...

she is totally darling.

Natalie said...

Onesie extenders? I've never heard of those before, that's so cool. I love her shoe socks too. I'm glad she is healthy and doing well!

Unknown said...

What a doll! Glad she's doing so well...and sleeping so much!

Kari said...

I love her little chubby thighs!

Rachel said...

I love Carly's huge cheeks!

I didn't go to the actual inaguration (it was too cold and I am too much a lover of being warm), but I did go to part of the MLK concert on Sunday. It was fun to have the city under seige by an extra 3 million people.

Hope you're doing well!

Jodee Luke said...

Oh that makes me so happy! She is such a cutie! We need to get together one of these days!

DeAnn said...

She's so cute. Thanks for letting me hold her today. It was fun holding such a "good" baby. Usually I have to give them back to Mom.

vanessa said...

I haven't even met her yet! So cool that she's sleeping well. I'm jealous. My kids were never like that. Very cute girl!!