Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines and other happenings

Valentines Day was great! Casey gave me a really cute heart charm bracelet (I dropped a few hints). Casey was so cute to surprise me with treats and the bracelet. I had no idea that he had got me anything. I got him a floating picture frame for his diploma and I put all of his mission letters in a booklet.

I went to work during the morning and I took everyone at work cute baggies with cookies in them, which made another lady I work feel bad because she had brought cookies for everyone too. Everyone liked mine better because they had pink M&M's in them. Later that night it started snowing pretty hard but we still went to PF Changs. mmmm. It was so good!

Another thing, I cut my hair! I was really scared to cut it because I've been growing it out since high school. I went to a place called Vici, which is like Bon Losee in Provo. I had a student highlight my hair and she did a really good job. It took her 3 hours though... The place closes at 4:00 and she started taking out the foil from the highlighting at 4:00, so she had 30 minutes to cut my hair and I was really worried because she was acting like she was in a hurry, and all the other girls were leaving. She cut my hair in 20 minutes and my back was hurting really bad from sitting in weird positions for the 3 hours so I was ready to go. The instructor came to check my hair and she said it looked really cute, so I felt alright about it, until I went home. Yikes, I have never had such a bad hair cut! I asked her to layer the back but she cut 2 layers like 1 inch apart from one another so it looked horrible. Casey even said it looked like she weedwacked my hair. So... I went and got it fixed that night somewhere else. Moral of the story don't get your haircut by a student. Highlights are alright but no cutting! I'm happy with it now though.
Today at school we got to try out hearing aids. It was really weird to think that something that looks so cheap is really like a mini computer and actually really expensive. Right after school I had to run to work. At work everyone was talking about a lady from the ghetto motel across the street from our work that had sprinted across the street. She ran into our credit union. She was running away from her boyfriend and she was only wearing a t-shirt with nothing on underneath and no pants. She was totally naked! The manager of the credit union gave her a blanket to cover up while the police came, but supposedly her boyfriend was abusing her or something. They should make a movie out of the stories at my work. I love it.

2 comments:

amy said...

hey Lindsey...saw your comment on Karen's and came to your blog. your work does sound interesting...interesting is better than dreadful.

Kari said...

Hot hair!