Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hand-me-downs recreated

This week I've been organizing, and getting rid of a lot of stuff.  I still had a lot of clothes from high school that I had refused to get rid of because for some reason I still thought they were cool.   I finally accepted that I wouldn’t wear those clothes again so I went through them and either Goodwilled them or put them in the “save for repurposing” pile.  Yesterday during my organizing I found these capris:

DSC01274 

over there

I loved these capris so much in high school.  I’ve been keeping them for way too long… but I decided that I couldn’t get rid of them fully - so yesterday I cut them up for fabric and made these for Carly:

DSC01275

Now she can have a part of me!  Isn’t that little pocket so cute!

DSC01285 

DSC01286  

I made the pattern all by myself!  I used some of Carly’s jeans to come up with one, and it was a cinch after cutting the pieces out. It took about an hour from start to finish. The hardest part was sewing the pocket and the button on.  My next projects are to transform a pink houndstooth skirt into a cute jumper for Carly, and make another diaper bag for my sister.  I love sewing!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So darling! I'm gonna have to get into re-purposing once we're all settled!

Paula and Kevin Palmer said...

Oh my goodness those are so cute!! You are making me want to get out my sewing machine. Your diaper bag is also so freaking cute!!

We are 3. said...

Way impressed!

Val said...

Holy smokes! That really is one of the most creative things I've seen! I love it! You're amazing! That so makes me want to do something cool like that too!

Kari said...

So cute!! I have been looking at all those re purposing projects on make it and love it. I need a little girl though.
P.S. I like the pic of you on the horse! :)

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

Kari, I put that pic up of me on the horse for you :)

Natalie said...

Sooo cute! :)

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Reminds of the story, "Joseph Had a Little Overcoat". Do you know it?

Miriam said...

Those turned out so cute. How creative.

Stewart Family said...

WOW! Good job! Such talent :o)

Bryant & Kathie Hatch said...

Lindsey, what a sewing talent you are. We are very inspired by you to get sewing!

Megan said...

I know what you mean sewing is sooo addicting!! I love the pants!! Very impressive!