Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time flies

It's crazy that our little Carly is already 2 weeks old. It has gone by way fast, but at the same time it seems like its been the longest 2 weeks of my life! I NEVER would have imagined that having a new baby would be such an emotional roller coaster. Every day brings a new challenge and a new worry. Although it's been by far the hardest 2 weeks of my life they have also been the best 2 weeks of my life. My mom kept telling me that things would seem a lot better once 2 weeks came around and she was right! I finally feel less like a zombie, my body feels semi-normal again, and I've mastered breastfeeding and diaper changes. Everyday Carly amazes me by how smart, sweet and alert she is. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Here are some recent pictures. My mom, dad and little brother came to visit and help out last Tuesday. They stayed until Saturday and it was great to have them here during Thanksgiving. It was so sad to say bye to them! I'm so grateful that we're going back to Utah for Christmas in 2 weeks!

Carly loves to spit up

My brother Jacob is already Carly's favorite uncle
My amazing mom

Carly wanted to eat when everything was finally ready to eat, and then she threw up all over me!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Super cute baby Lindsey! I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Being a new parent is crazy/tough sometimes huh, but it is also amazing! Nothing can truly prepare you for it! I remember changing t-shirts several times a day, due to throw up, etc. I often thought, why even get dressed cute when I'm just going to have to change. :) I miss you guys! Hope you are feeling well!

Jodee Luke said...

oh my gosh I'm like squealing at how cute she is. We need to come see you guys sometime. Glad you are feeling well.

Stewart Family said...

She is so cute. She has such big eyes. I love the bunny suite she is wearing in the last photo :o)

vanessa said...

So cute! It's amazing how much they change in the first few weeks. I hope you're doing well! You'll get the hang of everything quicker than you realize and before you know it she'll be crawling and singing and you'll wonder where your tiny newborn went!

Val said...

Oh she is so sweet! Wait until 3 months rolls around, you'll wonder why on earth you worried SO much over so many things. We all do it though, it's amazing the amount of stress such a little creature can bring. You look great though.

Holly and Daric said...

She is so adorable, congrats on being a new mom!

Stewart Family said...

Strange question for you :o) Do you have a sister or cousin that lives in Draper? There is a girl in my ward that looks like she could be. Just wondering :o) Hope things are going well for you and your cute little baby!