Monday, June 6, 2011

I’m 25!

When I realized my birthday was on Sunday this year I was a little disappointed because usually I go shopping and out to eat on my birthday.  However, THIS year I had an entire weekend to celebrate!  Casey spoiled me rotten all weekend long.   I have the sweetest, most thoughtful hubby in the world!  On Friday night he took me out to dinner at Chilis. On Saturday  he made me breakfast, got me a Café Rio salad for lunch, and then took me to see The King’s Speech at night. 

Then on my actual birthday I woke up to a kitchen full of balloons, and a presents to open.  Casey gave me a present that I have been wanting for like 10 years… My very own COSTCO MEMBERSHIP!  I know I have a Sam’s membership but, let’s face it, Costco is nicer, and the stores have different stuff so you can’t have just one membership.  It will be the present that will keep giving.  He also gave me a certificate to get a pedicure. 

As I was talking on the phone to one of Casey’s sisters I slipped down some wet stairs outside and a nearby tree branch caught my fall and ate my arm up.  I am totally fine but my arm kills!  I always seem to injure myself pretty badly on or around my birthday (remember how I shut my arm in the oven door?)

On Sunday evening I had a dinner full of my favorite foods that Casey and my parents made for me: T-Bone steaks, Frog Eye Salad, grilled zucchini and crookneck squash, and baked potatoes.  Then 2/3 of my sisters and their families came over for Costco cake and homemade ice cream.  Casey even put together favors for everyone of some of my favorite things.  Then I opened some more presents. My parents got me an awesome food processor and cookie scoop (because when we eventually move out of parent’s house I won’t be able to live without both of those things).  My sisters got me a Target gift card and a cookbook.  And Casey’s parents gave me some money which I used to get a fancy new diaper bag. All my favorite things!

DSC03090            DSC03100 DSC03105     DSC03114

DSC03119    DSC03101

DSC03116    DSC03124

Thank you everyone for making it an awesome birthday for me!

11 comments:

Meg said...

Happy Birthday!

Rachel said...

Hooray, Lindsey! You look fabulous!

Unknown said...

You totally were spoiled! Glad you had a great birthday weekend!

mildred said...

1) Happy late birthday!!

2)I am shocked that this is your first costco membership!

3)I remember your third degree burns very well. Sorry about the accident.

mildred said...

p.s. Carly called me awhile ago. she's a sweetie.

Lindsey said...

Ashton! I'm so sorry Carly calls you all the time. My phone has people's Facebook pics right next to their names and Carly sees Sam and says she wants to call the baby. I'm sure she'll do it again so sorry in advance :) And, I can't believe I never got a Costco membership before now... It's like having a season pass to Disneyland!

Cynthia said...

Where did you get your diaper bag? I'm looking for a good one,and you seem to know where to find them.

Lindsey said...

Cynthia I got my diaper bag online, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Versa-Diaper-Cream/dp/B0040A12VW/ref=sr_1_8?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1307456812&sr=1-8 . I really have liked my JJ Cole diaper bag from Target too.

Kari said...

Loved the pictures. It kind of almost felt like we were there too. I'm sorry about your arm. Ouch. I hope it heals quickly.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Nick

Tearsa said...

Sorry about your arm!That was probably my fault...I remember you falling while I was talking to you. Glad you still had a great bday!!