Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I ♥ Aldi

Ever since I stopped working after Carly was born I've been trying to find ways to save money. There are a few things that I won't skimp on but as for food I'm definitely willing to forgo the name brand to save some money. Which brings me to my new found shopping love, Aldi.

I saw Aldis all over Europe when Kari and I were there but when Casey and I moved here to Milwaukee I was a little hesitant to venture into one because someone once told me it was ghetto. I got over my fear of ghetto-ness after working in the ghetto for a year and a half so I finally made my way to one. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed shopping there my first time, and now I do 90% of my grocery shopping there. I love being able to walk down the aisles and just grab things that I need instead of checking unit prices for different brands. Plus everything I've ever purchased at Aldi has been great quality, and tastes the same as buying stuff full price somewhere else.

After figuring out how much money we've saved from shopping at Aldi I'm never buying food anywhere else! All you haters best be steppin'!

6 comments:

vanessa said...

I like Aldi a lot too. I always go there when there aren't very many good sales at Pick n Save, since I mainly shop there with my coupons to save. I don't think their stuff tastes any different either. I particularly love how cheap their canned goods are.

We are 3. said...

Joel is such a brand stickler when it comes to food. He served his mission in Chicago and all the Aldi's there were ghetto-fab too, so he is weary of them.
I'm glad you like them- maybe now that you have endorsed them, I will venture out to one@!

Jodee Luke said...

we just started going there...love it!

Unknown said...

I would go there more often if they took credit cards. They're stuff is so cheap, it's amazing!

Jessica said...

They have super cheap groceries. I can splurge on stuff we wouldn't normally eat. We love them also, but I'm too lazy to drive there for everyshopping experience.

Stewart Family said...

I love their frozen pizza, what a great deal!!